Various organisations are the beneficiaries of Ipswich City Council’s Community Development Grants Program.
Council received eight submissions in the August round, six of which were recommended for funding.
1. AEIOU Foundation: $3,480.32 towards the purchase of educational toys and resources to support the program at its Camira centre. The foundation provides support for children with autism, aged 2-6 years.
2. Kruger Parade Baptist Church: $2,871.68 towards the annual Kruger Community Easter Festival 2019. The event includes rides, games, food, entertainment and an Easter Egg Hunt and attracts about 1500 people.
3. Refugee Connect Ltd: $3,750 towards first aid training for the Bor (South Sudan) Community. The program includes 18 hours of intense training conducted by culturally aware, accredited trainers who will assist people from non-English speaking background to gain an understanding of the concepts.
4. Springfield Christian Family: $445.32 towards the 2019 Australia Day Celebration at Robelle Domain, Springfield Central. This free community event includes interactive games and activities for children and adults, family fun rides, sausage sizzle, markets, sing-up competition and a fireworks display.
5. Lupang Hinirang Pty Ltd: $3,750 towards the cost of a Philippines-Australia Autumn Festival 2019. The festival aims to showcase the Philippines culture through songs, dance and cuisine and will provide opportunities for non-Filipinos to participate in performances to foster a better understanding of different cultures.
6. Act for Kids Ltd: $4,611.34 to purchase therapy resources for the Ipswich Therapy Centre. Funding is sought to purchase 70 therapy items including games, puzzles, card sets and books, which will assist in providing therapy to 40 children and young people.
Council’s Community Grants Program has a budget allocation of $164,000.00 for Christmas/Festive Season Grants, Quick Response Grants, Community Development Grants and Triennial Grants, for the 2018–2019 financial year.
Applications for Community Development Grants open in July and February each year.