Council has announced 10 recipients from its second round of Community Projects Funding program.
The organisations shared in $85,204.01 of funding for projects ranging from a canteen replacement to new lights and asbestos removal.
Community, Culture, Arts and Sports Committee Chairperson Cr Andrew Fechner said the council was proud to support these groups.
“We want to help as many local organisations as possible accomplish their work that brings so much benefit to the community,” Cr Fechner said.
“If your not-for-profit group needs new infrastructure, a facility upgrade, new equipment or has a project in mind, please consider an application.
“There is a wide scope of things community groups can apply for, so I would urge residents to have a look at the program.”
Community Projects Funding Program Round 2 recipients
- Beacon Community – A Baptist Church – new shade sails
- Blackstone United FC Inc – canteen replacement
- Central Districts Cricket Club – practice wickets upgrade
- Cricket Ipswich – automated roller
- Grandchester Model Live Steam Association Inc – signal gantry restoration
- Ipswich Community Swim Club Inc – Ipswich Community Swim Club marquee
- Ipswich Knights Soccer Club Inc – upgrade of night lighting for the number two field
- Karalee Community Association Inc (Karalee Swim Club) – new clubhouse refrigerator
- Queensland Police Citizens Youth Welfare Association (QPCYWA) – PCYC Ipswich asbestos removal
- University of the Third Age Ipswich & West Moreton Inc – U3A Information and Marketing Project
For more information about council’s Community Projects and Events Funding Program visit Ipswich.qld.gov.au/services/funding-and-support.
Applications for funding of up to $15,000 for one-off projects and activities can be made in three funding rounds per financial year.
Round 3 of the Community Projects Funding Program opens 1 March 2023.