Council’s mobile nursery will travel to nine different locations between February and May, giving residents more opportunities to collect their free plants.
General homeowners and renters are entitled to six free plants each financial year under council’s Free Plant Program. These can be collected from Queens Park nursery or any of the mobile nurseries.
Simply bring along your current rates notice or a copy of your landlord’s rates notice if you are renting.
Mobile nurseries will take place at the following locations from 8 – 11am:
- Redbank Plains Recreational Reserve, Cedar Road, Redbank Plains
Saturday 8 February
- Evan Marginson Park (near playground/picnic area), Woogaroo Street, Goodna
Saturday 15 February
- Brassall Shopping Centre (carpark), 68 Hunter Street, Brassall
Saturday 29 February
- Camira Community Centre, 389 Old Logan Road, Camira
Saturday 14 March
- Johnstone Park, 61 John Street, Rosewood
Saturday 28 March
- Grande Park, 40 Grande Avenue, Springfield Lakes
Saturday 4 April
- Raceview Shopping Centre, 64 Raceview Street, Raceview
Saturday 18 April
- George Palmer Park, Sealy Street, Silkstone
Saturday 2 May
- Karalee Shopping Centre (car park), 39/52 Junction Road, Chuwar
Saturday 16 May
Council gives away up to 120,000 plants each year, with plant species grown at council’s nursery to suit local climate and soil conditions.
Owner occupiers of newly built homes (under 12 months old) are entitled to a one-off allocation of 25 plants in addition to their six free plants a year.