Citizen of the Year: Vanessa Fowler
Australia Day Awards honour inspiring Ipswich community leaders
Ipswich Junior Grammar School teacher and head of the Alison Baden-Clay Foundation Vanessa Fowler has been named Ipswich Citizen of the Year for 2019 at the annual Ipswich Australia Day Awards held at North Ipswich Reserve Corporate Centre.
In her role at Ipswich Junior Grammar School she has raised awareness in the school and community through a Strive to be Kind Day. Outside the school Vanessa Fowler also raises money for the Allison Baden-Clay Foundation.
The annual awards celebrate inspiring role models and events in the Ipswich community.
Ipswich City Council Interim Administrator Greg Chemello congratulated all award winners.
- Citizen of the Year Award: Vanessa Fowler
- Young Citizen of the Year Award: Kieran McLeod
- Senior Citizen of the Year Award: Doug Abbot
- Cultural Award of the Year: Arthur Frame
- Spirit Award of Ipswich: Jacqueline Connelly
- Event of the Year Award: Having Your Voice
He said each and every nominee were tremendous ambassadors for Ipswich.
“The day is about recognising role models in the community.
“All are outstanding achievers contributing to our community in an exceptional way.”