Looking for a cheap car, caravan or box trailer? Council will auction a collection of abandoned vehicles and you could grab a bargain for a few hundred dollars. They are sold as is. Some are a little worse for wear, others are not so bad. Here’s a look at some of the items that will go under the hammer in February.
Abandoned vehicle 550 impounded from Springfield.
Blue Holden Astra
Abandoned vehicle 591 impounded from Robin Street, Coalfalls.
White Nissan Elgrand
Abandoned vehicle 605 impounded from Fisher Street, Collingwood Park.
Abandoned item 593 impounded at Omar Street, West Ipswich.
Green Holden Commodore sedan
Abandoned vehicle 576 impounded from Shaun Street, Redbank Plains.
Black Holden Territory
Abandoned vehicle 610 impounded from Lamington Drive, Redbank Plains.
Holden Commodore sedan
Abandoned vehicle 568 impounded at Ford Street, Raceview.
Gold Kia van
Abandoned vehicle 570 impounded from Pleasant Drive, Redbank Plains.
White Mitsubishi Magna
Abandoned vehicle 580 impounded from Oleander Court, Springfield.
Black BMW 320i
Abandoned vehicle 606 impounded from Serene Crescent, Springfield Lakes.
Take a moment to note these Ts and Cs before you hit the road
- The auction will be held at 10am on 13 February, 2019 at the council depot at 2 Kenneth Street, Riverview.
- The depot will be open for vehicle viewing from 8am on the day.
- If you own one of the vehicles shown in this story and want to reclaim it phone council on 3810 6666.
- Have a plan to legally tow or transport your purchase from the depot. Remember that word ‘legally’.
- A forklift will not be available to move vehicles.
- Purchases need to be removed from the depot by 2pm on 15 February, 2019 or additional release fees will apply.
- Vehicles are for sale under Section 100 of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 and the Local Government Act 2009.
- Council can withdraw vehicles from auction without prior notice.
- For more information visit council’s Vehicle Legalities and Auctions page.