It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas across Ipswich with several major shopping centres kicking off their festive season programs this weekend.
At Springfield Central Orion
A family-friendly Christmas Street Party will accompany the regular monthly markets on Main Street this Sunday, 18 November.
Orion Springfield Central centre manager Melissa Crittenden said it was one of the most exciting times of the year for the centre.
“Christmas is such a magical time and we are so excited to again celebrate with the entire community this weekend,” she said.
“The Christmas Street Party is one of our absolute favourite events in the calendar, the joy on all the kids’ faces and they experience all that is on offer throughout the day is a highlight that we look forward to all year long.”
The centre will welcome special guests PJ Masks, Peppa Pig and Hey Duggee for the parade.
Local dance academies will perform and there will be free kids gingerbread decorating from 11am to 2pm. Markets go from 9am to 4pm, carollers from 11am to 2pm, face painting from 10am to 3pm, a balloon artist from 1pm to 4pm, and more.
Times for shows and meet and greets are as follows:
- 10am: PJ Masks Show
- 11am: PJ Masks Meet and Greet
- 12pm: PJ Masks Meet and Greet
- 12.30pm: Hey Duggee Meet and Greet
- 1pm: Peppa Pig Show
- 1.30pm: Hey Duggee Meet and Greet
- 2pm: Peppa Pig Meet and Greet
- 2.30pm: Hey Duggee Meet and Greet
- 3pm: Peppa Pig Meet and Greet
At Riverlink Shopping Centre
Santa will be welcomed to Riverlink today, Saturday 17 November with a Christmas parade.
There will also be a magic show, gingerbread man decorating, basket making workshop and more – all free.
Key times for the day include:
- 10.30am: Santa’s arrival parade. Meet them outside The Reject Shop and then follow the parade through the centre as it makes its way to the Gasometer area.
- 11am: Xmas Magic Show near Limelight Cinemas. Be wowed by one of Australia’s leading magicians and watch as Santa arrives by magic during the show before opening his brand new workshop in the East Mall for Santa photos. All who attend will get a free magic wand.
- 12pm-3pm: Gingerbread man decorating in the East Mall.
- 12pm-3pm: Make your own Christmas basket in the food court.
More info here.
At Redbank Plaza
Join in the plaza’s biggest Santa parade ever from noon today, Saturday 17 November as Santa is welcomed to his new home in Santa’s Snowland.
He will be joined by Mrs Clause, Minnie and Mickey Mouse, gingerbred men, rudolf, dance crews from Eighty8 Dance and much more.
The parade will go from 12pm to 12.30pm and make its way to Santa’s Snowland which is Dr Seuss-inspired. There will be free kids workshops and free photos with Santa following the parade.
The Snowland includes cubbyhouses, letter writing stations, selfie spots, a snow globe workshop and 5m-tall Christmas tree.
More info here.