Check out this list of free or low cost activities on Saturday January 26, 2019.
Free entry to all council pools
All council pools will open from 10am to 4pm with free entry for all the family.
- Rosewood Swim Centre
- Leichhardt Swim Centre
- Bundamba Swim Centre
- Goodna Aquatic Centre
Robelle Domain – Springfield Central
Australia Day Fiesta from 4pm to 8pm
Featuring a singing competition, sausage sizzle, Twenty-20 cricket and fireworks.
Ungermann Brothers first birthday
Ben Ungermann will be at 88 Limestone Street with the birthday of the store coinciding with Australia Day.
Ipswich Art Gallery
“Playing with Light” – a full interactive exhibition explores the big bright and colourful world of lights, lasers and lenses with over 22 interactive exhibits.
Entry: $5 per person or $15 for a family pass up to five people. EFTPOS available.
Open 10am to 5pm, entry from d’Arcy Doyle Place.
Greater Springfield Fun Fair
Rides, fireworks, food trucks and Australia Day activities from 5pm to 9pm at Brookwater. Fireworks at 9pm. Look for more info on their Facebook page.
Open 4pm to 8pm in the top carpark at Redbank Plaza with food and drink vendors, kid’s rides, face painters. Check out Urbane Markets Ipswich on Facebook.
Hotels and Clubs
- Ipswich Jets North Ipswich – Australia Day raffles including Aussie hampers. Live entertainment from 7.30pm with Luke Melhop Duo.
- Brothers Raceview – From noon free activities for kids including a Fortnite jumping castle. Live entertainment inside from 8pm.
- CSI North Ipswich – Aussie food with entertainment from 1pm with Matti Biskit and Steven Michael Duo from 6.30pm.
- Pig ‘N’ Whistle Redbank Plains – Live music and restaurant specials.
- Raceview Hotel – Live music on the deck from 10am to midnight.
- Spring Lake Hotel – Lamington eating competition, sack races, face painting, raffles and Aussie BBQ.
- Falvey’s Grand Hotel Yamanto – DJ Get Funked from 9am to 2pm, Bud Becket from 3pm to 7pm.
- Royal Mail Hotel Goodna – Aussie rock with the Massive Furgesons from 3.30pm to 7pm.
- Redbank Plains Tavern – Crab and cockroach races and more from 10am to 10pm.
- Yamanto Tavern – Aussie BBQ in the Alehouse.
- Racehorse Hotel – Aussie tribute band Bogan Bash, prizes for best dressed. See the hotel’s Facebook page for more.
- PA Hotel Booval – from 11am tuck into the Aussie BBQ and live music from B*Rocked.
- Charlie’s Bar and Kitchen – searching for the best mullet, live music and raffles.
- Orion Hotel – live music featuring Aussie Rocked Band.