Ipswich City Council’s mobile nursery will travel to eight locations between now and the end of May, giving residents more opportunities to collect free plants for their gardens and homes.
Ipswich residential owners and renters are entitled to six free plants every financial year under the program and council endeavours to give away 120,000 plants per annum under its Free Plant Program.
These can be collected from Queens Park nursery or any of the below mobile nursery locations.
Simply bring along your current rates notice or a copy of your landlord’s rates notice if you are renting, Department of Public Works and Housing rental statements, Defence housing authorised brochure, or your driver’s licence or senior’s card with current residential address, will also be accepted as proof of address.
If you would like to green your garden or home, mobile nurseries will take place at the following locations from 8am to 11am:
- Goupong Park – 2A Collingwood Drive, Collingwood Park. Note: car park off Namatjira Drive on Saturday 27 February
- Camira Community Centre – 389 Old Logan Road, Camira on Saturday 13 March
- Johnstone Park – 61 John Street, Rosewood on Saturday 27 March
- Grande Park – 40 Grande Avenue, Springfield Lakes on Saturday 10 April
- Raceview Shopping Centre – 64 Raceview Street, Raceview on Saturday 24 April
- George Palmer Park – Sealy Street, Silkstone on Saturday 1 May
- Karalee Shopping Centre Car Park – 39/52 Junction Road, Chuwar on Saturday 8 May
- Redbank Plains Recreational Reserve – Cedar Road, Redbank Plains on Saturday 22 May.