Kat Schofield and dog Diezal.
Ipswich dog lovers have a new spot to add to their list for outings, with a new puppy park open at Bellbird Park.
It is the latest addition to Brentwood Forest estate’s Tucker Family Park.
Tucker Family Park opened earlier this year with a playground, 9.2m play tower, outdoor gym and 1,600 square metre dog off-leash area.
Now, a new fenced puppy park has been added.
AVID Property Group general manager Queensland Bruce Harper said facilities for pets and active families had proved popular with residents.
“The community here in Brentwood Forest is well established, with the six parks, open spaces and forest trails – the jewels of Brentwood Forest – popular with pet owners and families in particular, who are always out and about walking, exercising or just catching up with neighbours,” he said.
“We really wanted to create a community that welcomes people and their four-legged friends, which is why we’ve included both a dog park and a puppy park without our new Tucker Family Park – both proving to be a real hit with locals.”
Kat Schofield, local resident and owner of a four-year-old border collie named Diezal, said she found the pet-friendly facilities a huge drawcard.
“Nearly every afternoon we go for a walk or go to the dog park, you get to know your neighbours and the other dogs’ names and when you’re out and about, everyone is really friendly and stops to say ‘hi’ to each other,” she said.
“If someone finds a lost dog, they will post it on the Facebook community page and we all help out – we all look out for each other.
“My favourite spot in Brentwood Forest is up near the dog park – up on the grass area at the top there is a view of all of Brentwood Forest and surrounding areas – it really is lovely up there.”
Tucker Family Park was named in honour of the Tucker family, which previously owned a 360 acre dairy farm where Brentwood Forest estate is today.
Other Ipswich dog off-leash areas to visit:
- Banjo Patterson Park – Corner of Lawrie and Duncan Street, Collingwood Park
- Battye Park – 132B Pine Mountain Road, Brassall
- Camira Recreation Reserve – 74 Moss Road, Camira
- Conway Street Park – 10 Conway Street, Riverview
- Cribb Park – 34-39 Pelican Street, North Ipswich
- David W Coultas Park – 224 South Station Road, Raceview
- Goodna Off Leash Area – 62 Brisbane Terrace, Goodna
- Grande Park – 57 Grande Avenue, Springfield Lakes (Across the road from Grande Park)
- Jack Barkley Park – 33 Gledson Street, North Booval
- Noel Street Reserve – 1-3 Noel Street, Dinmore
- Rex Hawkes Park – Lot 600 Russell Drive, Redbank Plains
- Tom Lenihan Park – Lot 20 Bennett Street, Rosewood
- Wulkaraka Park – 98 Toongarra Road, Wulkuraka
- Fawkner Crescent Reserve – 31-49 Fawkner Crescent, Barellan Point
- Sarah Drive Park – Cnr Sarah Drive and Jacaranda Dr, Yamanto
- Pebbles Park – Ecco Ripley, Ripley Road