Household bin collection services will remain unchanged during the Christmas and New Year period with council’s waste collection trucks remaining on the road right through the holidays.
Council-owned Ipswich household waste collection services will operate as usual on their regular allocated weekday, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
This means general, recycling and FOGO collection trucks will remain on the road when services are needed most.
Residents should place their bins on the kerb as normal before 5am on the collection day.
To find out when your bins are scheduled for servicing, check the Bin Collection Calendar.
Download the Ipswich Bin app to your smartphone to keep up to date on the right waste in the right bin and to know when the right day is to put your bin out.
Council’s recycling and refuse centres at Riverview and Rosewood will only be closed on Christmas Day with normal operating hours between 8am and 5pm all other days.
Council’s large item kerbside collection is also just around the corner.
Find out when the kerbside collection service will be available in your suburb via this link.
Help your garbo over the festive season!
- Keep your bins one metre apart:The arm that lifts them into the truck needs a little bit of room. If bins are too close, the driver has to get out and separate them.
- Keep clear of obstacles:Look up and try not to place your bin under low hanging wires or tree branches.
- Don’t overfill:Birds love an overfilled bin and will rip the rubbish out, leaving behind an unsightly mess.
- Have your bin out early:By 5am the day of collection is the go.
- Give them a wave:If you spot your garbo on their run, give them a smile and a wave. It will mean a lot!